By Jane Curran
If you’re looking for a fishy starter for your next dinner party, try this prawn mousse for a really elegant dish that will get your menu off to an impressive start. Whether its Christmas day or just a weekend get together, try whipping up this flavoursome dish and everyone will be really impressed. With fresh prawns and plenty of citrusy juices, it’s a tasty way to start your meal.
HOW TO MAKE PRAWN MOUSSE WITH ORANGE AND WATERCRESS SALAD
- 700g raw large prawns (shelled weight)
- 5 large free-range egg whites
- Tabasco sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- 300ml double cream
- brown shrimps, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- orange segments, to serve
- watercress, to serve
You will need
- 6 buttered ramekin dishes or timbale moulds
- Put the prawns into a food processor and pulse to a purée, then add the egg whites, a good few shakes of Tabasco sauce, the lemon juice and a good pinch of sea salt. Put into a bowl, cover and chill in the fridge for at least an hour. Overnight is fine.
- Stir in the cream. Divide between the dishes and cover each one with a buttered circle of baking parchment.
- Heat the oven to 150C, gas 2. Put the dishes into a roasting tin and pour in enough hot water to come two-thirds of the way up the dishes. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the parchment paper and invert on to a large plate. Cool, then put in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight. To serve, top with the shrimps and serve the salad on the side.
Experts claim Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's daughter will play this important role in the royal family
Do you agree?
By Danielle Valente •
Are Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck rekindling their romance? Here's what we know about the return of "Bennifer"
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck have been spotted spending a lot more time together since her split from Alex Rodriguez in April, which has sparked rumors of a potential rekindling
By Rylee Johnston •
Don't miss out! Macy's flash sale has up to 60% off home styles—here are our top picks
For a limited time, Macy's is offering up to 60% off all of their home styles to upgrade your space with
By Rylee Johnston •