Sign up to our free daily email for the latest royal and entertainment news, interesting opinion, expert advice on styling and beauty trends, and no-nonsense guides to the health and wellness questions you want answered.
Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Is there any spring dessert recipe (opens in new tab) more satisfying than a lovely trifle? Give your usual trifle recipe a modern twist with this meringue update.
It’s a super quick pudding option you can throw together in a flash, making it perfect for dinner parties and gatherings. Peach and passion fruit bring this dish a wonderful sweetness, while the meringue is lovely and crunchy and the cream adds a lightness.
This recipe serves up to eight people and only takes 25 minutes to throw together so it’s a great one to try when you’re feeding a crowd.
HOW TO MAKE PEACH AND PASSION FRUIT MERINGUE TRIFLE
- Bring the wine to the boil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the peaches, allow to boil for a few seconds then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes then remove from the liquid and set aside to cool, reserving a little of the cooking liquid for the cream. Peel then cut the peaches into thick wedges, discard the stones and set aside.
- Just before assembling, whip the cream with the crème fraîche, vanilla, icing sugar and 1 1/2tbsp of the cooled reduced wine until stiff. Set aside.
- Make a layer of meringue at the base of the trifle dish, pour on the custard, add the peach wedges and top with the passion fruit, reserving a little to decorate. Spoon on the cream and decorate with the reserved passion fruit.
- 500ml (18fl oz) dessert wine
- 6 ripe peaches
- 200ml (7fl oz) double cream
- 50ml (2fl oz) crème fraîche
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 12 mini meringue nests
- 300ml (1/2pt) fresh custard
- 6 passion fruit, halved, seeds removed and shells discarded
Peach And Passion Fruit Meringue Trifle
By Woman and Home • Published
Semifreddo with grilled peach, pistachio and amaretto
Semifreddo is a classic Italian dessert. We've given it a warm, boozy kick that goes perfectly with an after-dinner coffee.
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Raspberry Meringue Trifles
By Jane Curran • Published
Chocolate and hazelnut roulade
This chocolate and hazelnut roulade comes with an optional Baileys Irish cream liqueur filling for an extra, festive twist
By Jen Bedloe • Published
This no-bake Baileys cheesecake is so easy to make and perfect for cream liqueur lovers, plus it takes just 40 minutes to prepare
By Jess Meyer • Published
Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline
Serve this rich Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline for a festive dessert that makes a popular alternative to Christmas pudding
By Jen Bedloe • Published
Duchess Camilla celebrates birthday with peaceful new photo praised for its ‘warmth’ - but her homegrown peaches steal the spotlight
Duchess Camilla celebrates birthday with a charming new photo – featuring peaches she grew herself - which radiates peace and warmth
By Jack Slater • Published
Princess Margaret’s go-to dinner party game and hatred for squirrels couldn’t be more *her*
Princess Margaret’s go-to dinner party game is very unique and her fellow guests would never have known it was happening…
By Emma Shacklock • Published
The boozy royal dessert King Charles and Queen Camilla enjoyed last night
There is a boozy royal dessert called cranachan that the King and Queen enjoyed last night in celebration of the Scottish poet, Robert Burns
By Laura Harman • Published