Is there any spring dessert recipe more satisfying than a lovely trifle? Give your usual trifle recipe a modern twist with this meringue update.
It’s a super quick pudding option you can throw together in a flash, making it perfect for dinner parties and gatherings. Peach and passion fruit bring this dish a wonderful sweetness, while the meringue is lovely and crunchy and the cream adds a lightness.
This recipe serves up to eight people and only takes 25 minutes to throw together so it’s a great one to try when you’re feeding a crowd.
HOW TO MAKE PEACH AND PASSION FRUIT MERINGUE TRIFLE
- Bring the wine to the boil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the peaches, allow to boil for a few seconds then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes then remove from the liquid and set aside to cool, reserving a little of the cooking liquid for the cream. Peel then cut the peaches into thick wedges, discard the stones and set aside.
- Just before assembling, whip the cream with the crème fraîche, vanilla, icing sugar and 1 1/2tbsp of the cooled reduced wine until stiff. Set aside.
- Make a layer of meringue at the base of the trifle dish, pour on the custard, add the peach wedges and top with the passion fruit, reserving a little to decorate. Spoon on the cream and decorate with the reserved passion fruit.
- 500ml (18fl oz) dessert wine
- 6 ripe peaches
- 200ml (7fl oz) double cream
- 50ml (2fl oz) crème fraîche
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 12 mini meringue nests
- 300ml (1/2pt) fresh custard
- 6 passion fruit, halved, seeds removed and shells discarded
Shoppers say these high-waisted leggings are the softest they've ever owned — and they're now 45% off on Amazon
With over 50,000 reviews, these fan-favorite leggings tout a laundry list of bragging rights — here's why they belong in your closet
By Dominique McIntee •
Michelle Obama’s 'Becoming' has been re-released for a younger audience
Michelle Obama’s 'Becoming' has been re-released with a new lovely message for her younger audience
By Laura Harman •
This Marks & Spencer ribbed loungewear set has shoppers obsessed with its soft and cosy fabric
This M&S cosy loungewear set is perfect for eating chocolate eggs in comfort...
By Selina Maycock •