By Jane Curran
Everyone loves cheesecake, but why not give your usual recipe a mix up with this delicious Nutella version and put a smile on everyone’s faces this week? This brilliant Easter recipe is a great one to try this year if you’re entertaining a crowd as it’s super quick to make and serves up to eight people – so the whole family can have seconds!
HOW TO MAKE NUTELLA CHEESECAKE
- 100g butter
- 200g Nice biscuits, finely crushed
- 100g hazelnuts, blitzed in a food processor
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g Nutella
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 200g curd cheese
- 300g cream cheese
You will need:
- a 20cm non-stick, loose-bottomed cake tin, greased, and the sides lined with baking parchment
- chopped hazelnuts, to decorate
- Heat the oven to 130C, gas ½. Melt the butter over a low heat, remove from the heat and stir in the crushed biscuits and hazelnuts. Mix until evenly coated. Spread over the base of the cake tin, pressing down lightly to create a firm base.
- Melt the chocolate and Nutella in a small, heavy-based saucepan over a medium-low heat until smooth. Mix to combine; set aside to cool. Using an electric whisk, beat the eggs, curd cheese and cream cheese until just combined, then pour in the chocolate mixture and mix until smooth. Scrape into the cake tin, smoothing the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then run a fat-bladed knife around the edge to prevent cracking. Set aside to cool then remove to the fridge for at least 4 hours to cool and set completely. Decorate the Nutella cheesecake with chopped hazelnuts to serve.
Gillian Anderson reveals her ‘hot date’ for the Golden Globes
The cutest date we've seen!
By Sarah Finley •
Danni Minogue 'Shopping was a depressing experience for me'
The Australian Pop icon, TV star, and fashion designer launches a new petite fashion and jewellery range with digital retailer QVC
By Selina Maycock •
Brilliant news for the Queen as the return of favored event is confirmed for 2021
The Queen has often been pictured enjoying this key event
By Emma Shacklock •