- cayenne pepper mixed with flour, for sprinkling
- 500g (1lb 2oz) lamb’s liver, rinsed and sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 300g pots fresh onion gravy
- 8 rashers back bacon, rind removed
- pre-packed mashed potatoes
- if you are making your own mash
- 1kg (2lb 4oz) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 50g (2oz) buttersplash of milk
- 3tbsp fresh chopped chives
Sprinkle the cayenne mix over the liver. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the liver over a high heat for 2 to 5 minutes, stirring.
Stir in the gravy, bring to the boil then simmer for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, grill the bacon until crispy, turning frequently.
Heat the mash as per instructions. To make your own, cook potatoes in lightly salted water until softened. Drain and mash with butter, milk and chives; season. Spoon the liver and onion gravy over the mash and top with crispy bacon.