By Rose Fooks
This easy lemon trifle require no baking and uses readymade lemon curd, making it the perfect get-ahead pud for any busy host. It can sit proudly at your Easter table as the star of the feast…
How to make lemon trifle?
We have used lemon curd to make this extravagant spring lemon trifle, which is layered up with cream, sponge and fresh fruit.
Trifle, how long will it keep?
This lemon trifle contains fresh cream so will keep for 3 days in the fridge, after a couple of days the cream may have a split appearance but this is just it reacting with the alcohol and it will still taste divine.
Trifle, how to serve?
We recommend that you build our lemon trifle in a glass trifle dish so that it can be presented in all its glory. Serve the lemon trifle at the table using a large spoon so you delve right to the bottom of the lemon trifle, as that’s where all the boozy gorgeousness resides.
- 2 Madeira loaf cakes
- 2 x 400g tubs of peach slices in juice
- 200ml Marsala wine
- 8tbsp peach juice, from the peach slices
- 6 yellow flesh nectarines, cut into wedges
- 300g raspberries
- 300g lemon curd
- 10 mini meringues
- mint leaves
- 20g flaked toasted almonds
for the syllabub
- 900ml whipping cream
- 2tsp vanilla bean paste
- 8tbsp icing sugar
you will need
- bunny cutter (optional)
- large glass trifle bowl
- Cut the Madeira loaf cakes into 2cm thick slices and from each slice cut out a bunny shape using the cutter, arrange the cut-out pieces of cake and the offcuts on a tray. In a jug combine 8tbsp of peach juice from the tub of peach slices with the Marsala wine and drizzle half over the bunnies.
- To make the syllabub whisk the cream to soft peaks, add the remaining liquid, vanilla bean paste and icing sugar and whisk to medium peaks.
- To build the trifle: Fill the base of the bowl with cream to create a flat surface and press the bunnies around the side. Pile in layers of cream, sponge, fruits and lemon curd, when you come to the top of the bowl arrange the remaining fruit, mini meringue, mint leaves and toasted flaked almonds. Before serving chill in the fridge for 1 hr.
Top Tip for making Lemon trifle
Let this rest for all the delicious flavours boozy flavours to mingle. If you don’t drink alcohol you can swap the alcohol for peach juice.
This is how to combat the negative effects low estrogen levels have on your skin
But don't worry—there's help
By Danielle Valente •
The 9 most empowering speeches by women in Oscars history
For a heaping dose of girl power
By Danielle Valente •
You might not know what the 'clavicut' haircut is, but get prepared to see it everywhere
Prepare to see this haircut everywhere this season for its chicness and simple care
By Rylee Johnston •