- 250g (9oz) shortcrust pastry
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 600g (1lb 5oz) leeks, washed and sliced
- 4 free-range egg yolks
- 300ml (1/2pt) double cream
- 100g (4oz) Dolcelatte, crumbled
- 2tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- You will need:
- 1 x 23cm (9in) fluted, loose-based flan tin, greased
Line the tin with pastry, but don’t trim the overlap. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Line the pastry with baking parchment, fill with baking beans and bake the pastry blind for 15 minutes. Remove the baking parchment and beans, and return the tin to the oven for a further 5 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned. Reduce the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4.
To make the filling, melt the butter and cook the leeks for 10 minutes until softened. Drain, then place in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks and cream. Season then add to the leeks along with the Dolcelatte. Pile into the pastry case and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until browned and just set through.