By Rosie Conroy
Cut this delicious topped bread into small diamonds to serve to friends. Our lamb flatbreads are the perfect combo of cool and spicy – mixing a deliciously moreish garlic yogurt with the heat of green chilli and the warmth of Middle Eastern spices. You can serve this lamb flatbread in bigger sections, with salad, as a main meal if you prefer.
For the flatbread
- 175g self raising flour
- 175g yoghurt
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp sea salt
For the topping
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 2tsp ras el hanout
- 500g lamb mince
- 150g yogurt
- Handful mint and coriander, to serve
- 50g pomegranate seeds, to serve
- 1 green chilli, sliced, to serve
- To make the flatbread, pulse all ingredients together in food processor until a dough comes together. Knead for a few mins on a floured surface then transfer to a lightly floured bowl. Cover, and leave for 10mins to rest.
- Heat the oven to 220C/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Roll out the dough to make a rough rectangle, the size of the baking tray. Transfer the dough to the tray, drizzle with a little oil and prick all over with a fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly puffed and golden.
- Add half the garlic to a frying pan with the olive oil. Fry over a medium heat for a couple of mins. Add the spices and fry for one more min. Finally, add the lamb and fry over a high heat for 10mins, until brown and cooked through.
- Mix the remaining garlic with the yogurt and spread over the cooked flatbread. Top with the lamb mince, herbs, pomegranate and green chilli and serve.
Top Tip for making Middle Eastern Lamb Flatbread
Minced meat can produce quite a lot of water when frying, tip this off if you see it, to get lovely crisp edges on your lamb mince.
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks •
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks •
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •
The 7 best deals in the Lookfantastic Black Friday flash sale, according to our beauty editor
Save 75% on beauty in the Lookfantastic Black Friday sale—these are the buys our beauty ed honestly rates
By Fiona McKim •
Anne Hathaway loves this hair texturizing spray from iconic brand that has 25% discount on EVERYTHING
Anne Hathaway's go-to hair texturizer became her favorite after she borrowed it from a set and it's 25% off with this discount code
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Dan Walker sends supportive message to Motsi Mabuse after heartbreaking announcement
Dan Walker has reached out to Strictly Come Dancing judge Motsi Mabuse as she makes a sad announcement about this weekends show
By Laura Harman •