This recipe was created by José Pizarro for Codorníu.
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 100g shallot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seedless and finely chopped
- 400g peas, fresh or frozen
- 100ml chicken stock
- 75g Serrano ham, thinly sliced and finely shredded
- 2 extra large eggs
Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4. Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized frying pan. Add the shallot and garlic. Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes until soft but not browned.
Add the tomato and cook in a medium heat for another 5 minutes.
Stir in the peas and chicken stock, part cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes until the peas are tender and the liquid has reduced to leave them just moist.
Stir in the Serrano ham and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Break the eggs, spaced well apart, on top of the peas and season lightly.
Place in the oven to cook gently for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are set to your liking.