Hasselback potatoes are a real crowd pleaser and mini spuds are one of the cutest party nibbles out there, so if you know you have hungry guests coming we advise to err on the side of caution and make more than this recipe calls for! If you aren’t a fan of brie, any soft cow’s milk cheese will do. Kids also love these, so sometimes we even make them all cheesy – as little ones often aren’t fans of fish. Feel free to mix up the toppings as you wish. The slicing part of hasselback potatoes can be a bit fiddly, so we recommend using a small knife if you have one, and try not to slice too near either end of the potato, as loose ends have a habit of falling off!
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Place the prepared potatoes onto a baking tray and brush all over with half of the butter. Bake for 20-30 mins or until tender.
- Combine the remaining butter and honey. Remove the potatoes from the oven and brush all over with the honey mixture, ensuring to get well in the gaps in the potatoes. Tuck the brie into the gaps of half the potatoes as well, then return to the oven for 10-15 mins until the brie is fully melted.
- Meanwhile, combine the crème fraîche and the chopped dill with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the potatoes are ready, remove from the oven. Place a dollop of the crème fraîche mixture onto the naked hasselbacks, then a piece of the smoked salmon. Serve on a platter with the extra crème fraîche dip on the side. Recipe by Gaia Chanrai for Woman and Home.
- 500g new potatoes, scrubbed and sliced at ½cm intervals, stopping ½cm from the bottom
- 2tbsp salted butter, melted
- 2tbsp honey
- 100g good brie, sliced
- 100g crème fraîche
- Few sprigs dill, chopped
- 50g smoked salmon, torn into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt and black pepper
Top Tip for making Hasselback New Potatoes with Smoked Salmon
If you have any leftovers they will keep well for up to 2 days, just pop them in the oven or microwave to reheat until the cheese bubbles.
Shoppers say these high-waisted leggings are the softest they've ever owned — and they're now 45% off on Amazon
With over 50,000 reviews, these fan-favorite leggings tout a laundry list of bragging rights — here's why they belong in your closet
By Dominique McIntee •
Michelle Obama’s 'Becoming' has been re-released for a younger audience
Michelle Obama’s 'Becoming' has been re-released with a new lovely message for her younger audience
By Laura Harman •
This Marks & Spencer ribbed loungewear set has shoppers obsessed with its soft and cosy fabric
This M&S cosy loungewear set is perfect for eating chocolate eggs in comfort...
By Selina Maycock •