- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded & finely chopped
- ½ pack fresh sage, finely chopped
- ½ pack fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 quality pork sausages
- 500g (1lb 2oz) fresh potato gnocchi
- 200g (4oz) light cream cheese
- 200ml (1/3pt) hot vegetable stock
- 1 lemon, zested
- 50g (2oz) parmesan, grated
- Salad leaves, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/400F/Gas 6. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion, chilli and herbs and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and squeeze the sausages out of their skins into the pan. Break the sausage up into little pieces and fry for 10 minutes until golden and a little crispy.
Cook the gnocchi for 3 minutes in a large pan of simmering water, they will float to the surface when they are ready. Drain, then stir through the sausage mixture with the cream cheese, vegetable stock, lemon zest and half the parmesan. Transfer to a large ovenproof dish and scatter with remaining parmesan. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden on top and serve with salad leaves.
You can freeze this dish. Just defrost and bake for 20 mins until piping hot.