Fish makes an excellent week night supper and give this cod and courgette recipe a go for a week night dinner this week and the whole family will be left feeling full and satisfied. What’s even better is that it’s all put together in the one pot, so it’s really quick and easy – and has hardly any washing up!
You will need to warm up the pancetta in the microwave but the majority of the rest of the ingredients are just popped in the oven and roasted – simple!
HOW TO MAKE COD WITH COURGETTES, CRISPY PANCETTA AND DILL
- Heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Oil and season the courgettes and place on a baking sheet. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the courgettes, then season the fish fillets and place a slice of butter on each. Sit them on top of the courgettes, squeeze the lemon juice over and return to the oven to cook for 10 minutes, until the fish is cooked and flaking.
- Meanwhile, place the pancetta on a plate and microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes until very crisp. Drain on kitchen paper, then break up into shards. When the fish is cooked, divide the courgettes between 4 plates, sit a fish fillet on top, then scatter with the pancetta and dill, and drizzle over some of the pan juices. Serve with lemon wedges.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 courgettes, split lengthways
- 4 fillets fresh cod or other sustainable white fish
- 50g (2oz) butter
- juice 1 lemon, plus extra wedges, to serve
- 8 slices pancetta
- handful dill, chopped
woman&home vouchers has launched to bring you amazing discounts on all your favorite brands
We have all the deals you need to do some seriously savvy shopping!
By Emma Shacklock •
Fans are obsessed with Holly Willoughby’s M&S slouchy sweatshirt - and it's a bargain too!
Perfect for spring
By Laura Harman •
Camilla Parker Bowles dedicates her book club's eclectic reading list to Prince Philip
Camilla Parker Bowles has paid tribute to Prince Philip by dedicating her book club's latest reading list to him
By Emma Dooney •