- 5tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1tbsp each soy sauce and sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp grated root ginger
- 4 skinless free-range chicken breasts
- 200g (7oz) basmati rice
- 100g (4oz) peas
- 1 free-range egg, beaten and seasoned
- handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Put the hoisin, soy, oil, garlic, ginger and chicken in a bowl. Stir well. Marinate for at least 15 minutes. Heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Line a baking tray with a double layer of foil and place the chicken breasts on top. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, basting with excess marinade.
Meanwhile, place the rice in a lidded saucepan with 400ml (14fl oz) water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes. Add the peas for the last 2 minutes. Heat a small frying pan and add a drizzle of oil, then the beaten egg. Cook until golden on both sides. Cut into thin strips.
Stir the coriander, spring onion and chilli into the rice. Slice the chicken and serve with the rice and omelette strips.