- 4 free-range chicken breasts, skin off
- 4tsps dried oregano
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 3tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 slices chorizo
- 2 ciabatta rolls, lightly toasted
- handful rocket leaves
- for the garlic mayo
- 4tbsp mayonnaise (we love Delouis Fils, from Sainsbury's and waitrose)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed (depending on taste)
- spicy wedges, and coriander sprigs to serve
Flatten the chicken breasts out slightly with your hands or a rolling pin. Place them in a bowl with the oregano, smoked paprika and sunflower oil, toss to coat and season. Heat a griddle pan or barbecue to high, and grill the chicken breasts for 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Keep warm while you grill the chorizo for a minute or two on each side.
Mix the mayo with the crushed garlic, spread on the ciabatta with a few rocket leaves, then top with the chicken breasts and the chorizo slices and garnish with a sprig of coriander. Serve with the spicy wedges and a little extra mayo on the side. The chicken can be marinated overnight for more flavour.