Whether you want a super quick dinner or a lunch recipe that’s a step away from the norm, give this gorgeous salmon recipe a go.
Salmon is packed with essential omega-3 fatty acids that have a whole range of health benefits from keeping your heart healthy to lowering blood pressure.
Pairing this healthy dinner recipe with a tomato salsa and bean salad means you’re also getting a good mix of vegetables and pulses too – so you can’t really go wrong with this healthy meal idea.
HOW TO MAKE CAJUN SALMON WRAPS
- 1-2tbsp Cajun spice mix, depending how spicy you like it
- ½tbsp oil
- 500g whole salmon fillet, skinned
For the tomato salsa:
- 300g tomatoes, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- small handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- small handful coriander, finely chopped
- good squeeze of lime juice
- 1½tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
For the bean salad:
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados, stoned, peeled and sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Mix the Cajun spice mix with the oil and rub all over the salmon. Put on a baking tray lined with foil and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- For the tomato salsa, mix the chopped tomatoes, onion, red chilli, red pepper and herbs, toss in the lime juice and oil, season and set aside.
- For the salad, mix the cannellini beans, avocado and lime juice, season well and serve in wraps, with flakes of the salmon and the tomato salsa.
The Dermstore Beauty Refresh Sale has arrived: here are the best deals to shop
Score limited-time deals with the promo code GLOWUP applied at checkout
By Dominique McIntee •
'Bachelor' host Chris Harrison says he regrets defending Rachael Kirkconnell's racism
Presenter of the Bachelor, Chris Harrison, states that he regrets defending Rachel Kirkconnell’s past racist actions
By Laura Harman •
Sophia Vergara wins embryo court battle against her ex
Sophia Vergara has won a lawsuit against her ex that concerns the couple's frozen embryos
By Laura Harman •