This recipe is taken from The Ultimate 5:2 Diet Recipe Book, by Kate Harrison.
Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F/Gas mark 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases
Mix together the oats (keeping a tablespoon aside for the topping), flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar
Mix together the mashed bananas, egg and oil and then pour into the dry oat and flour mix and fold together
Spoon into the prepared muffin cases and scatter the top of each muffin with the reserved oats and the seeds. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until brown and slightly springy to touch
- 100g rolled oats 355 cals
- 50g wholewheat flour 155 cals
- 150g plain white flour 503 cals
- 2 tsp baking powder 10 cals
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda 5 cals
- ¼ tsp salt
- 75g muscovado sugar 300 cals
- 4 large very ripe bananas, mashed 480 cals
- 1 large egg, beaten 100 cals
- 4 tbsp light olive oil 540 cals
- 2 tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds or a mix 175–184 cals
The EXACT Mood lighting you need to maximize your chances of getting laid
How you can easily increase your likelihood of having sex, according to a study...
By Selina Maycock •
Line of Duty star reveals serious season 6 twist - are you ready for this?
This is one twist we didn’t see coming...
By Emma Shacklock •
Why does Gabrielle cover one eye and what are the effects of ptosis?
Gabrielle was recently un-masked on The Masked Singer
By Georgia Farquharson •