If you’re in need of a super healthy week night dinner, give this delicious risotto and courgette recipe a go – it’s great for vegetarians too. Packed courgettes, artichokes and petit pois, it’s got plenty of your five-a-day in and tastes really creamy thanks to the butter and Parmesan cheese. What more could you want?
HOW TO MAKE ARTICHOKE, COURGETTE AND PEA RISOTTO
- 25g (1oz) butter, plus a little extra
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g (9oz) Arborio rice
- splash dry white wine
- 900ml (1½pt) vegetable stock, boiling
- 400g (14oz) baby courgettes, sliced
- 195g (7oz) chargrilled artichokes
- 100g (4oz) frozen petit pois
- 4tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large, solid saucepan. Add the shallots and let them sweat for a few minutes. Next add the garlic, stir for a minute then add the rice with a good pinch of salt. Keep stirring the rice until it's well coated in the oil and butter. Add the wine and bubble for a minute or two. Now add the stock a ladle at a time, keeping the heat medium. Stir and stir until the rice has absorbed the stock, then add another ladle.
- After about 15 minutes, the rice will be nearly cooked but still slightly hard. Now add the vegetables, more stock and keep stirring for a few more minutes until the rice is perfectly cooked (it should be soft but with just a bit of bite). Take it off the heat, and add half the Parmesan and a knob of butter. Cover and let it stand for a few minutes. Dish into warmed bowls with extra Parmesan on the side.
Don't miss out! Macy's flash sale has up to 60% off home styles—here are our top picks
For a limited time, Macy's is offering up to 60% off all of their home styles to upgrade your space with
By Rylee Johnston •
Is This Is Us new tonight? Here's when Season 5 Episode 14 will air
Fans are desperate to know when This Is Us Season 5 will return following multiple breaks
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Take a look at Zara’s new outdoor range of camping gear
Zara’s new outdoor range has launched and it even includes camping equipment, so you can camp in style
By Laura Harman •