This fab salad could almost be a main course in itself. Just add a glass of crisp white wine!
- 200g (7oz) sourdough or baguette, torn into small chunks
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 50g (2oz) Parmesan, grated
- 500g (1lb 2oz) mixed tomatoes, sliced
- handful pitted black olives
- 200g (7oz) buffalo mozzarella, torn into chunks
- 4tbsp fresh basil pesto (we used the fresh pouches from Sacla')
Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6. Toss the sourdough with the olive oil and some seasoning, then scatter over the grated Parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes until golden but still chewy in the middle, remove from the oven and allow to cool. Mix with the tomatoes, olives and mozzarella, and drizzle over the pesto. Serve immediately. The croutons can be made the night before and stored in an airtight container.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up