A refreshing summer dessert, bursting with flavours
- 400ml (14fl oz) double cream
- 50ml (2fl oz) elderflower cordial
- 4tbsp sweet dessert wine, such as Muscat
- 4tbsp icing sugar, plus extra
- 400g (14oz) raspberries
- 6 meringue nests, crushed
To make the syllabub, pour the cream, cordial, wine and sugar together in a bowl and whisk until peaks form. Chill until needed.
Place a handful of the raspberries into a bowl and microwave for about 40 seconds until they begin to collapse. Push them through a sieve and stir through icing sugar to taste. Allow to cool completely.
To serve, layer fresh raspberries, crushed meringues, syllabub and purée in pretty glasses, finishing with raspberries. Serve with glasses of the same sweet wine used in the syllabub.