- 500g (1lb 2oz) raspberries
- 300g (10 oz) blackcurrants, stripped from the stalks
- 150g (5oz) redcurrants, striped from the stalks
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- 8 medium thick slices white bread cut from a good sandwich loaf, crusts removed
- Double cream to serve
You will need
- 1litre (1¾ pt) pudding basin
- Wash the fruit if necessary and place in a large saucepan. Add the sugar and cook on a gentle heat, until the sugar has dissolved and the fruit is just bursting with juice. Remove from the heat and drain most of the juice into a bowl and reserve.
- Line the pudding basin with two large pieces of cling-film that overhand the rim. Using a glass or metal cutter cut a circle of bread to fit the base of the basin. Cut the remaining bread into triangles and place around the sides of the basin, making sure that they fit snugly and no fruit can escape. Fill the bread-lined basin with the frit and most of the juice. Cut the remaining bread into strips and pace on top, again making sure there are no gaps. Wrap the overhanging cling-film over the top. Place the basin on a tray, to catch any juice and put a small plate or saucer that fits inside the rim of the basin on top. Put a heavy weight on the plate and place in the fridge overnight.
- To serve, remove the weights and peel back the cling-film from the top of the pudding basin. Pace a serving plate on top and invert the pudding. Remove the basin and cling film and serve with any reserved juice poured over the top.
Top Tip for making Summer Pudding
It is always a good idea to taste the fruit before cooking, to see how tart it is. The sugar is a guideline only and can be increased or decreased if desired.
Meghan Markle is victorious in final copyright claim against U.K. publishers who circulated the Duchess' personal note to her father
'For these outlets, it’s a game. For me and so many others, it’s real life'
By Danielle Valente •
A popular Hershey's item has been recalled. Here's what you need to know
Hershey's is issuing a recall for the popular chocolate shell sauce after nuts were accidentally put in the bottles
By Rylee Johnston •
This dark spot serum has a "formula from the skincare Gods," according to shoppers
Topicals Faded Serum has become a beloved favorite by shoppers for quickly fading dark spots and scars
By Rylee Johnston •