This caramelised peach and vanilla tarte tatin dessert is tricky but well worth the effort
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan/375F/Gas 5. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of a £1 coin and cut out a 26cm (10¼in) circle. Place on a baking sheet and chill in the fridge.
- Slice the peaches 1cm (½in) thick then set aside. Melt the butter in a 23cm (9in) ovenproof frying pan then add the sugar, vanilla pod & seeds. Do not over stir just leave to melt over a medium/low heat until the sugar dissolves. Don't panic if it splits slightly it will come together in the oven.
- Once it starts to look like a light caramel carefully arrange the peach slices over it in a spiral pattern. Cover with the pastry circle and gently tuck the pastry edges down into the pan. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown, puffed up and bubbling at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Using a palette knife loosed the pastry from the edge of the pan. Place a serving plate over the top of the pastry and carefully flip the pan over to turn out the tarte tatin. Serve with vanilla ice cream if you wish.
- 300g (10oz) puff pastry
- 6 peaches, halved & stoned removed
- 75g (3oz) butter
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, halved & seeds scraped out
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
Top Tip for making Peach and Vanilla Tarte Tatin Recipe
Tarte tatins can be made with a number of different fruits. Use whatever is in season to get a really juicy, flavoursome tart
This bra brand caters to small-chested women—and shoppers are obsessed
For a supportive bra without the discomfort of wires, Pepper's wireless bras have quickly become a fan-favorite of shoppers
By Rylee Johnston •
This memory was one of the Queen's most 'proud' moments
The Queen was feeling nostalgic revealing one of her most 'proud' moments from when she was a teen
By Rylee Johnston •
Want to live like the royal family? This new study reveals how much it would cost to rent each royal estate
From Buckingham Palace to Frogmore Cottage
By Danielle Valente •