- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- 85g bunch basil, stalks and leaves separated
- 200ml (7fl oz) olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 1 large ciabatta, sliced into 8
- 250g (9oz) bocconcino mozzarella
Heat the oven to 130 C, 110 C fan, 250 F, gas ½. Place the tomatoes on a non-stick baking sheet; dust with the sugar. Season and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes, then cool.
In a saucepan, gently heat the basil stalks and oil until the oil just begins to steam. Remove from the heat and infuse for an hour or so. Remove the basil stalks.
Toast the bread. Tear the mozzarella into thirds and divide between the bread. Top with tomatoes and some basil oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and scatter with basil leaves.