- 6 sirloin steaks
- for each butter, you will need:
- 150g (5oz) unsalted butter, well softened
- for the blue cheese butter:
- 100g (4oz) Roquefort, cut into small pieces
- for the chive and peppercorn butter:
- 3tbsp fresh or frozen chives, chopped
- 1tbsp black peppercorns, roughly crushed
- for the garlic and herb butter:
- 1 to 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tbsp parsley leaves, finely chopped
- juice ½ lemon
Mix butter with your chosen ingredients; season. Roll butter into a thick sausage, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes until firm. It can be frozen at this point. When ready to serve, cut butter into discs; allow to soften.
To cook the steaks, heat a griddle pan (or barbecue) until very hot. Oil and season the steaks well and place them in batches on to the griddle pan for 3 minutes on each side. Remove the steaks from the griddle and rest in a warm place for 5 minutes.
Serve the steaks immediately, with a disc of butter on top and a green salad on the side.