By Jess Findlay
Our bean soup is packed with protein, so easy to make, and really tasty. The soup can be frozen, simply adding the greens and egg after defrosting, before serving. This bean soup with lentils and poached eggs is a hearty and filling vegetarian dish that is a perfect warming lunch for winter weekdays. Serve this super soup with some crusty bread for a simple but satisfying meal. You can make a big batch of the soup either to feed a crowd, or to freeze in portions, before adding the finishing touches.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sweat the onions and celery for 10 mins. Add the garlic and cook for a couple of mins then add the stock, tomatoes and rosemary. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 mins. Now add the beans. Microwave the lentils, according to packet instructions, for a few mins then add them too. Keep the soup simmering while you poach the eggs.
- Bring a sauté pan of water to the boil then turn it down to a very low simmer. Break the eggs one by one into a ramekin and gently tip into the water. Put on the lid and cook for 3 mins. Add the greens to the soup and top each bowl with a poached egg and some rosemary, if using.
- 1tbsp oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g can flageolet beans
- 250g pack cooked puy lentils
- 100g spring greens or sprout tops, shredded
- 4 free-range eggs
- fresh rosemary sprigs, to serve (optional)
This cult US skincare brand is coming to Boots very soon - and we can't wait
Treat yourself to some of their gorgeous products...
By Amy Hunt •
Missoma reveals limited-time discount code to save you 20 per cent off your jewelry favourites
Missoma has launched a discount code offering a huge 20 per cent discount on all of their jewelry
By Aleesha Badkar •
Woman & Home's Vanity Edit: Our favorite launches and products this week
We highlight the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from ultra-thin eyeliners to magnetic mascaras. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •