Need a sugar fix? Look no further! This millionaire's shortbread is our best recipe yet...
- 200g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 250g butter
- 100g sugar
- 150g plain flour
- 200g condensed milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
Millionaire's shortbread is exactly the kind of baking project we like - decadent. With crisp butter shortbread, smooth, rich caramel, a salty kick and silky dark chocolate it ticks all the sweet treat boxes. There are three different processes to make in order to assemble your tray bake but it's well worth the effort, and it keeps well in an airtight tin for a few days, too, so will see you through the week.
HOW TO MAKE MILLIONAIRES SHORTBREAD
- You will need a square or rectangular, shallow tin – 22x22cm or 18x26cm.
- Oil then line the tin with a large piece of baking parchment, leaving a good overlap on all 4 sides. This will make it easy to take out the finished shortbread.
- Heat the oven to 150C fan, gas 3. Whizz up the butter, sugar and flour in a food processor then knead it together with your hands. Push it into the base of the tin – using your knuckles makes it easier to push down.
- Put into the oven then after 5 minutes reduce the heat to 130C fan, gas 2 and bake for about 30 minutes until pale brown. Set the tray onto a cooling rack.
- To make the caramel, melt the butter in a medium to large pan, caster sugar, salt, golden syrup and condensed milk over a gentle heat. Whisk with a balloon whisk until the sugar has melted, then increase the heat to medium and keep whisking until you have a golden caramel. Pour over the shortbread and leave to set. Once the caramel has set, chop the chocolate into small pieces then melt in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Pour over the caramel and leave in a cool place to set solid, preferably not the fridge. Remove by gently lifting the paper. Cut into small squares.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Chocolate Recipes
More Baking Recipes
More Biscuit Recipes