By Jess Findlay
Green goddess soup is a vibrant and revitalising bowl of goodness – just what the doctor ordered. This super healthy soup is packed with nutritious green veg that is blended with creamy coconut milk for a more luxurious feel. If you’re feeling under the weather, this green goddess soup will come to your rescue. It’s warming and comforting, and will nurse you back to health with a good dose of vitamins. The anchovies in this recipe give it a salty kick, but you can omit them to make this green goddess soup suitable for vegans.
- 1/2tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 anchovies, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- 1l vegetable stock
- 200ml coconut milk, reserving a little to serve
- 100g frozen peas
- 250g spinach
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 small bunch each tarragon, basil, parsley, mint (reserving a little to serve)
- 2tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1tsp tamari
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the anchovies, spring onion and garlic for a few mins. Add the stock and coconut milk (reserving a little to serve) and simmer for a few mins before adding the broccoli, then simmer for 5 mins. Add the peas and cook for 1 min, then remove from the heat.
- To make the toasted seeds, toss the seeds with the tamari in a frying pan over a medium heat for a few mins, ensuring they don’t burn.
- Stir through the spinach until just wilted, then add the herbs and blend the soup with a stick blender until smooth. Stir through the lemon juice and top with a little coconut milk, extra herbs and some toasted seeds to serve.
Top Tip for making Green goddess soup
You can omit the anchovies to make this suitable for vegans
Has lockdown changed your relationship with alcohol? Study finds 10 different 'drinking personalities’
The common pandemic drinking personality types revealed
By Emma Shacklock •
This is what Dr. Hilary wants you to remember if you want to live to 100
Dr. Hilary has revealed a golden rule to follow if you want to live to 100
By Emma Dooney •
Princess Diana's shocking insight into Prince Harry's life revealed
‘Harry’s full of energy but he flips from one thing to another and then loses interest'.
By Robyn Morris •