If you want to watch Gogglebox UK but you're not sure how, read on to find out what channel the show is on, plus when and how to watch Gogglebox if you're outside the UK.
With a brand new series of Gogglebox returning to Channel 4 for the autumn with its 20th season, Friday nights spent watching others watching TV, on TV, are back.
News of the Gogglebox stars not returning for 2021, owing to death and bereavement, meant the Gogglebox casting team were on the hunt for new stars of the show. The most recent Gogglebox episodes were without the likes of Mary Cook who died aged 92, Andy Michael who died aged 61 last year and Pete McGarry who also passed away in 2021 aged 71.
Of course, fans can look forward to plenty of their favorite Gogglebox cast members returning for the 20th season this September, with the likes of cozy cottage-dwelling Giles and Mary and hilarious Blackpool-based siblings Pete and Sophie returning.
After series 19's triumphant finale on May 27, here's how to watch it online and catch up on previous instalments of the show:
You may also like...
How to watch Peaky Blinders season 6 from anywhere in the world (opens in new tab)
How to watch Gogglebox in the UK: What channel is Gogglebox on and when?
The new series of Gogglebox starts on Friday September 9th at 9pm on Channel 4 after series 19 wrapped back in May.
To watch Gogglebox UK online for free and catch up on any episodes you have missed so far, go to channel4.com/programmes/gogglebox (opens in new tab).
If you're based in the UK you can also watch every episode from all 19 different series of Gogglebox UK online via Channel 4's video-on-demand streaming service – All 4.
How to watch Gogglebox UK online from anywhere...
If you're based outside of the UK and you want to watch the British version of Gogglebox, then you will need to use a VPN service to get around the geo-restrictions. It's a really easy-to-use piece of software that lets you change the IP address of your phone or laptop so it makes it look like you're back in the UK.
Our sister site, TechRadar, has tested all of the major VPN services and they rate ExpressVPN (opens in new tab)as the absolute best. They say: "It's compatible with all of your devices, supports most streaming services, and ranks amongst the fastest. You can even install it on devices like an Amazon Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Xbox, and PlayStation. So for a one-stop-shop, you can't go wrong with Express."
If you've never installed a VPN before, don't worry, it's quick and easy. Just follow these three steps:
- Download and install the VPN following ExpressVPN (opens in new tab)'s easy-to-follow instructions (ExpressVPN comes with a 30-day money back guarantee (opens in new tab) and if you click here you can get 49% off and 3 months free (opens in new tab), too.)
- Once you've installed your VPN, open the app and select your server location as anywhere in the UK
- With your VPN installed and server location set to the UK, you can now go to Channel 4 online and watch Gogglebox UK.
ExpressVPN service | Get 49% off and 3 months FREE (opens in new tab)
The absolute best VPN service, compatible with all of your devices, supports most streaming services and ranks amongst the fastest.
Getting a VPN is 100% risk free with ExpressVPN thanks to their 30-day money back guarantee.
VPN Disclaimer: We test and review VPN services in the context of legal recreational uses. For example: accessing a service from another country (subject to the terms and conditions of that service); protecting your online security and strengthening your online privacy when abroad. We do not support or condone the illegal or malicious use of VPN services. Consuming pirated content that is paid-for is neither endorsed nor approved by Future Publishing.
UK Gogglebox cast 2022
The Gogglebox cast has changed a lot since the show first aired in 2013, but there are some families who have stood the test of time and still appear on the show today.
Gogglebox 2021 welcomed back many old favorites, as well as newbies, and the 2022 season didn't disappoint either.
- The Malone family – Tom Malone Jr. recently announced his departure via Instagram from the show after a six-year run. His family, however, is here to stay.
- The Plummer family –Tremaine, Twaine, and Tristan first appeared on Gogglebox for series 8 of the show. The three brothers all live in Bristol, where they film for the show.
- The Worthington family - The Worthington family has grown since Alison, George and their daughter Helena joined Gogglebox in series 10. Helena has recently welcomed a baby boy called Erwin.
- The Ven family – Made up of couple Marcus and Mica and Mica's daughters Sachelle and Shuggy, the Vens are hilarious and totally loved up.
- The Siddiqui family – Made up of dad Sid and his sons Umar and Bassit, the Siddiqui family have been on Gogglebox since the very first show and are the only family to have appeared on every single series.
- Daniel and Stephen – Stephen originally appear on the show with his ex Christopher and then his mum Pat, but since marrying Daniel in 2018, the couple now shares the couch and appear on the show together.
- Abby and Georgia – Best friends Abby and Georgia from Durham first appeared on the show in 2018 and have been making viewers giggle ever since.
- David and Shirley – Part of the Gogglebox family since 2015, this Caerphilly couple have been making fans chuckle ever since.
- Pete and Sophie - Siblings Pete and Sophie have been on the show since series 10 and are known for their biting (but hilarious) criticism of TV shows and endless puns.
- Amira and Iqra – Mates Amira and Iqra from London joined the Gogglebox cast a decade ago. Occasionally Amira's sister Anmi also appears on the show.
- Jenny and Lee – Part of the show since series 4, best friends Jenny and Lee live in Hull and are fan favorites thanks to their commentary on TV shows.
- Ellie and Izzi – Sisters Ellie and Izzi from Leeds joined the show in series 6 and are still going strong, 13 seasons later.
- Giles and Mary – 2022 marks Giles and Mary's seventh year of appearing on Gogglebox. The artist and writer duo live in Wiltshire.
- Anne and Ken – The sweet couple made a great first impression when they first appeared on series 15.
- Simon and Jane - Siblings Simon and Jane joined the cast list for season 18, appearing first on October 22, 2021.
- Roisin and Joe - Young couple Roisin and Joe are the first Scottish people to appear on the show since 2016, and they joined in season 19, first appearing on February 25, 2022.
- Annie and Ronnie - Adorable married couple Annie and Ronnie joined the series in November 2021.
Can you apply for Gogglebox?
While we'd all love to be paid to curl up on our sofas at home and watch television, unfortunately, Channel 4 is not looking for any new families to take part in Gogglebox UK at this time.
Also, it turns out that you can't actually apply anyway! Yep, Channel 4 has a top-secret casting process, that sees producers seek out their perfect stars.
An internationally published digital journalist and editor who specialises in SEO strategy and content production, Rachael has worked as a writer and editor for both news and lifestyle websites in the UK and abroad.
Rachael's published work covers a broad spectrum of topics and she has written about everything from the future of sustainable travel, to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the world we live in, to the psychology of colour.
Christmas tree themes: 15 stylish decorating ideas to try in 2022
From boho blush pink to striking monochrome, we reveal the best Christmas tree themes for 2022
By Emma Kershaw • Published
How many episodes of The Suspect are left, when's the finale, and what happened in Episode 4?
The Suspect on ITV sees Aidan Turner play a clinical psychologist who becomes a suspect in a murder case after helping police with their investigation
By Emma Dooney • Published