Mustard Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
This one-pot dish couldn't be simpler. Use our mustard chicken recipe as a base then experiment with other veg
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in
- 2tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1 red Romano pepper, chopped
- 4 small red onions, cut into wedges
- Few cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 150ml (¼pt) dry white wine
- Few sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 cooked artichoke hearts (from a jar)
Preheat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4. Put the chicken in a bowl, mix together the mustard, oil and balsamic, then add to the chicken and toss together with plenty of salt and black pepper. Arrange the chicken, skin-side up, in a large ovenproof dish or roasting tin. You don’t want everything crammed in or it will steam and not roast. Add the Romano pepper, onions and garlic, pour over the white wine and tuck in the rosemary sprigs.
Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes, add the artichokes, then cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is well browned and cooked through.