By Charlie Bell
If you and your wardrobe are in need of a little boost, then it’s time to get British brand Wyse London on your fashion radar.
Launched in 2014, its founder Marielle Wyse was on a one-woman mission to find some stylish knitwear that wasn’t “lacking in joy”. It started with just a handful of knits but now the brand has expanded to include a wide range of luxury wardrobe essentials which include throw-on frocks, sought-after scalloped dungarees and of course plenty of fancy cardigans and jumpers—all worthy of a spot in your capsule wardrobe.
Wyse has experienced phenomenal growth since lockdown with an increase of 100% in net sales from April to Sept 2021. It’s now well on its way to being one of the best British clothing brands, with a host of celeb fans and over 97k loyal followers on Instagram.
Marielle cites customer feedback as the secret to the brand’s success, recently introducing Wyse Stylists—customers who provide style advice for all shapes and sizes to help others feel comfortable and confident with their purchases.
Who will like Wyse London?
The brand’s aesthetic is effortless everyday dressing with a playful twist. If you like brands such as Hush, Baukjen and Boden then you’ll love Wyse. Color is key with many designs featuring vibrant hues and punchy prints, that are guaranteed to elevate your wardrobe. Generally, prices are at the higher end of the market, but you can pick up love accessories from £25 or $33 dollars, which makes it a brilliant brand when looking for gorgeous Christmas gifts for friends.
WYSE LONDON FACTS
Size range: UK 4-18 | US 2-16
Price range: From £25-£395 / $34-$540
Delivery: Free over £125 in the UK | Price varies by location
Returns: Free in the UK | Price varies by location
“The Wyse London ethos is to buy clothes that don’t wear you, but elevate the mood. Essentially happy clothes which make you feel stylish,” explains Marielle.
“Wyse offers an array of joy-giving pieces with its signature Wyse detail; be it a lurex thread, sequins, scallops, or a rainbow of stripes. Adding bursts of color are key to lifting spirits which has been something that everyone has needed in the last year.”
What they do really well
We love Wyse London's whole range, but they make four things particularly well: jumpers, cardigans, dresses and dungarees (the pretty scallop edge dungarees are incredibly popular)
- View Wyse London cardigans
- View Wyse London jumpers
- View Wyse London dresses
- View Wyse London dungarees and jumpsuits
7 Wyse London pieces we love
We’ll be honest, we found it hard to narrow down our faves at Wyse London but we’ve managed to edit down some of the most stylish standout pieces. But you’ve got to be quick, these bestsellers are very popular with the brand’s loyal fanbase so hop to it get yourself in on the action.
1. The Aimee Leopard Print Dress
When getting dressed feels like a chore, nothing beats a throw-on-and-go frock and this does just that. Featuring a classic leopard print design but with a splash of color for a fresh update, it’s incredibly flattering and easy-to-wear. The tiered skirt adds to the laid-back flowy vibe and the vibrant print is enough to make a statement so minimal styling is needed. Just add trainers or smarten up with chunky boots.
2. The Demi Peter Pan Collar Shirt
Much like the best blazers, a denim shirt is a wardrobe classic that has stood the test of time, and Wyse’s denim number has pulled out all the stops. With a sweet Peter Pan collar and puff sleeves for a contemporary spin, it gives the cool fabric a prairie feel. Ideal for layering, wear under your knitwear and let the collar peep out.
3. The Scarlett Scalloped Dungaree in Pink
Dungarees are no longer reserved for toddlers, especially when they look this stylish. The scalloped detail on Wyse’s dungarees really make them stand out from the rest. There are lots of fits and colours to choose from but we love these dusty pink dungas. They have a relaxed fit with just the right amount of stretch so they’re not too slouchy and the finish just above the ankle. Layer over tees, blouses and knitwear.
4. The Lateisha Leather Skirt
Every Autumn wardrobe needs a chic leather skirt and this one has proved very popular this season. It features a flat front waistband with an elasticated back and an a-line shape for a flattering and feminine finish. The leather is buttery-soft so it's really comfy to wear and it's available in two colors—black and bottle green for a pop of color. Easy to dress up or down, team with a crisp white shirt for your 9-5 and switch in your best cashmere sweater and white trainers for a polished weekend look.
5. The Lucia Ruffle Neck ¾ Sleeve Jumper in Rust
When it comes to color, the brand has seen great demand for camel and rust and this knit is top of everyone’s wishlist. Adding more bang to your basics, considered details such as a frilly neckline and bell sleeves give this its extra style kudos and the unique Wyse stamp. Sharpen up your look by wearing with your best jeans and chelsea boots for an effortless everyday getup with just a hint of sparkle.
6. The Lauren Garden Ditsy Print Blouse
Once again, it’s all in the details with this charming ditsy blouse. From the broderie lace finish on the sleeves and hem to the frilly neckline, it’s romantic and frivolous, guaranteed to lift your spirits. Team with denim shorts in the summer and wear with cigarette pants in the winter, it’s an all-year-round winner. The cotton fabric is light and breathable too.
7. The Zoe Zip Through Boiler Suit in Petrol
No longer a fashion fad, the boiler suit has well and truly cemented itself into our everyday wardrobes and this one is worth the investment because it's a very flattering jumpsuit. Available in a regular and longer length leg, it finishes just at the ankle so you can show off your shoes too. The elasticated waist helps to streamline the silhouette for a flattering finish and once again it features the signature frilly neckline. Wear simply on its own with a pair of box-fresh trainers, or layer over a fine polo neck for extra warmth.
5 other things we love about Wyse London
- The Wyse community. Check out the #WyseWomen hashtag on Instagram to see just how much its customers love their purchases. On Fridays, they feature the best looks of the week with “Wyse your Way”. This inclusive relationship with the customers enables customers to not only feel stylish but part of something bigger, a community of like-minded and spirited women.
- Its founder Marielle Wyse. You can often spot Marielle modeling Wyse pieces on the brand’s Instagram page, proving just how much she loves each and every product she sells. We love how hands-on she is and in touch with customers, helping to keep the brand feel super personal. Oh and of course, she is oh-so-stylish too. We want everything she wears.
- The new store. Wyse has recently opened their first store on Marylebone High Street, London so you can get that personal shopping experience IRL. Like a walk-in-wardrobe, it’s a beautifully curated store where customers can see their favorite pieces up close. They also host regular in-store events and VIP shopping experiences.
- They're working towards a sustainable future. New Wyse pieces drop online every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 9am. They have also introduced a pre-order system to allow the brand to satisfy customer demand and minimize waste with excess stock. Where possible Wyse uses natural fibers on products. A recent collaboration with Fashion Editor and Influencer Deborah Brett produced 100% organic cotton sustainable t-shirts which came with a QR code on the label, for customers to scan and follow the journey of each piece—from fiber, to mill, to the factory.
- The age inclusivity. The collection is designed for every woman from age 18-80 and for most body types (their sizes go up to a UK 18 so they're not one of the best brands for plus size fashion yet). “It’s not about being a certain age or looking a certain way—it’s an ethos and a sense of joie de vivre,” says Marielle. They
Grown-up women looking great in Wyse London
RHONJ’s Teresa Giudice shares engagement video to new beau two years after divorce
The reality TV veteran is looking towards a happily-ever-after following years of turmoil.
By Jack Slater •
Kate Beckinsale commits the crime of being both a smart and beautiful woman
The actress revealed her IQ in an interview with Howard Stern, insisting it can be hard to be taken seriously as a smart woman in Hollywood.
By Jack Slater •