By Woman and Home published
If you’re looking for a courgette recipe that’s a little different, why not give this quirky dinner idea by Masterchef winner Shelina Permalloo a go?
Using fresh white crab meat, chilli and herbs to stuff courgette flowers before frying them in a pan, this Mauritian inspired recipe would make a really tasty week night meal that’s also incredibly healthy.
It doesn’t take long to cook this easy recipe – the whole thing will be ready in just 20 minutes - and it makes up to 10 crab courgette flowers, so there is plenty to share.
HOW TO MAKE SPICY CRAB COURGETTE FLOWERS
Buy Sunshine on a Plate by Shelina Permalloo (£20; Ebury Press)
- Mix together the crabmeat, chilli, white wine vinegar, parsley and seasoning and carefully fill the courgette flowers with the mixture. Twist the top of each flower to make sure that no filling comes out when cooking.Be careful not to overfill them – even though it is incredibly tempting!
- Once you have stuffed all the flowers, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the courgettes. Cook on all sides for around 6–7 minutes, you will know when they are cooked as the flowers take on a dark orange colour and will be lightly browned on all sides. Don’t overcook these as you want the courgette still to have some bite to it. Serve immediately.
- 100g fresh white crab meat
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 10 baby courgettes with flowers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Air signs—Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius zodiacs explained
Air signs of the zodiac are Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius—here's everything you need to know about what it means to be an air sign
By Rylee Johnston • Published
Anna Hathaway dressed like her character in The Devil Wears Prada and fans can't get enough
The Internet had a lot to say about Anne Hathaway's latest look after she shared it on Instagram...
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
Zara and Mike Tindall confuse Australian interviewer with tropical background
The royal couple showed off their funny side in their most recent interview
By Emma Dooney • Published