Try this twist on for a spring version of this classic lamb recipe – it’s a great Easter recipe to try this year too. With plenty of herbs and a really juicy meaty flavour, this lamb recipe is one you'll try again and again.
HOW TO MAKE ROAST RACK OF LAMB WITH SPRING VEG AND HOT HERBY DRESSING
- Heat the oven to 220 C, 200 C fan, 425 F, gas 7. Season the lamb racks, thread the rosemary through the bones and roast on a wire rack set over a roasting tin for about 35 to 40 minutes, draining the fat from time. Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the vegetables, in order of how long they take to cook. Carrots will take the longest, followed by courgettes, then the leeks, green beans and sugar snaps. The vegetables should be on the crunchy side of cooked. When done, run the veg under cold water until completely cooled. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, combine the mustard and the vinegar then drizzle in the olive oil while whisking with a fork until you have a smooth emulsion. Set aside.
- When the lamb is cooked, remove from the oven, transfer to a wooden board and rest for 15 minutes. Pour the dressing into a sauté pan and warm gently. Add the veg, coat in the dressing and heat gently. Toss in the parsley for the last couple of minutes of cooking.
- Serve the lamb cut into individual cutlets with the glazed veg on the side.
- 2 x 8 bone lamb racks, French-trimmed (ask your butcher to do this)
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 700g (1lb 9oz) mixed spring veg (we used baby carrots, courgettes, leeks, green beans and sugar snaps)
- 0.5tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3tbsp olive oil
- large handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
Jane Curran is a freelance food editor, stylist, writer and consultant based in Cape Town. Former food director of TI Media & woman&home. All about food, wine (dipWSET), gardening and the Arsenal.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
The bittersweet reason Prince William once dreamed of being a policeman
A royal insider has reported that despite his royal destiny to become King, Prince William once dreamed of being a policeman
By Laura Harman • Published
Queen will not address the nation when she reaches this historic landmark next month
The Queen will not speak to the public when she passes her Platinum Jubilee on 6 February, according to a royal expert
By Emma Dooney • Published
This TikTok hack promises to help you fall asleep in TWO minutes
Another TikTok trend has gone viral and we can see why!
By Lucy Gornall • Published