If you fancy a dessert recipe that’s really easy to throw together and only uses four ingredients, give this chocolate pudding idea a go – it makes a really great Valentine’s Day recipe. Or, if you’re looking for a homemade gift to give someone special this year, this chocolate slab would make a really thoughtful treat.
If you’ve got leftover raspberries in the fridge too this recipe is a really great way to use them up. You’ll need to melt the chocolate first and then it’s a case of pouring over the raspberry, sugar and lemon mixture and swirling the chocolate to give it that raspberry ripple effect. The whole process shouldn’t take you more then 20 minutes, so it’s a winning speedy dessert recipe.
HOW TO MAKE RASPBERRY RIPPLE WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE SLAB
- Line the base and sides of the baking tin with cling film.
- Press the raspberries through a mesh strainer set over a bowl to remove the seeds. Stir in the sugar and add a dash of lemon juice to taste.
- Put a pan of water on medium-high heat and place the chocolate in a bowl over the pan. Melt and temper the chocolate, this will take about 12-15 minutes.
- Pour the tempered chocolate into the prepared tin, spreading it evenly. Leave to cool and set a little. Once the chocolate has cooled, but not completely set, use a spoon to drizzle the raspberry juice over the surface of the chocolate. Then, using a knife or skewer, swirl the raspberry juice through the chocolate to create a rippled effect.
- Leave to set before removing from the tin.
- 120g fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- dash of lemon juice
- 900g white chocolate, chopped or callets
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Emma Thompson on filming her first nude scene—'It's very challenging to be nude at 62'
Emma Thompson has opened up about her new movie Good Luck to You, Leo Grande which features the 62-year-old actress' first nude scene
By Laura Harman • Published
Princess Eugenie's adorably awkward comment on wedding day revealed by lip-reader
Princess Eugenie's adorably awkward comment to husband Jack Brooksbank on wedding day revealed as a lip-reader decodes sweet moment between the couple
By Aoife Hanna • Published
Prince Harry's 'hot and cold' behavior on royal tours revealed
Prince Harry's behavior towards the press on overseas tours has been described as unpredictable
By Emma Dooney • Published