Like a sticky toffee pudding, but much better, try these deliciously decadent marmalade puddings next time you’re entertaining guests and you’ll have a new go to dinner party recipe everyone will just love. This recipe makes six puddings, so it’s great for feeding a crowd and your guests will feel like you’ve gone to that extra effort when you serve them up individually.
HOW TO MAKE MARMALADE PUDDINGS WITH WHISKEY SAUCE
- 1 jar Bonne Maman whole sliced orange marmalade
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 175g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
For the sauce:
- 35g butter
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 100g marmalade
- 3 tbsp whisky
- 150ml double cream
You will need:
- 6 dariole moulds, buttered and lightly floured
- Set a slice of orange in the base of each dariole mould along with a little marmalade; set aside. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the syrup, then eggs; fold in the flour, baking powder and ginger.
- Divide the mixture between the moulds, cover with foil, smooth the tops and place in a large steamer or pan with a trivet. Half-fill the pan with boiling water, cover with a tight fitting lid; steam gently for 45 minutes. You may need to top up with more water.
- For the sauce, put the butter, sugar, marmalade and whisky into a pan over a low heat. Stir occasionally until dissolved. Add the cream and lemon juice. Tip the puddings onto a hot plate and pour the sauce over.
Top Tip for making Marmalade Puddings with Whisky Sauce
The uncooked puddings will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge
Katie McLelland is a food stylist, chef, recipe developer, home economist, eater- and everything in-between. She specialises in creating recipes for social media channels to editorial and advertising content as well as the occasional bread, cake, pudding and menus in real life.
Katie is also a home economist for film and TV. Current projects including Cooking with the Stars (South Shore), Matilda (Poppet Productions), Landscapers (Sister), This Sceptered Isle (Revolution Films) and The Great season 2 (Yekaterina Uk ltd).
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
The Queen's heartbreaking joke to national treasure Sir David Attenborough
The Queen's heartbreaking joke to national treasure Sir David Attenborough shows despite gloomy topics—she's always got a sense of humor
By Aoife Hanna • Published
11 inspirational poetry quotes that will get you thinking
These inspirational poetry quotes from the likes of William Shakespeare, Emily Dickinson, and Maya Angelou pack a powerful punch
By Arielle Tchiprout • Published
The strange reason this expert wants you to continue wearing masks
Masks can help save you from infection and disease, but can wearing a face mask also help you get a date? This study suggests so...
By Laura Harman • Published