By Jane Curran published
Garlic chicken with sherry is a high protein and delicious evening meal. Don’t be put off by the cooking time, as this garlic chicken recipe is minimal fuss for an incredible dinner. This garlic chicken dish is quickly going to become a family favourite and even a dinner party showstopper. Add some sides and you’ve got a delicious and filling meal with a beautiful sherry based sauce- what’s not to love! This simple dish is best served with a crunchy green salad and some sautéed or steamed potatoes.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC CHICKEN WITH SHERRY
- Put the olive oil, bay leaves and garlic into a small pan and leave to infuse over a low heat for 15 mins. Heat the oven to 180C. Put the oil, bay leaves and garlic into a large sauté pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the sauté pan, skin-side down, until the skinis crispy. Then put skin-side up on a baking tray in the oven and cook for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Return the chicken to the infused oil in the sauté pan, turn up the heat and add the dry sherry. Allow it to bubble to burn off the alcohol then sprinkle over the pimentón and parsley. Serve with a tomato salad and some crusty bread with a drizzle of olive oil to dip into the sauce
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on and bone in
- 75ml dry sherry
- 2tsp pimentón pepper
- 4tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Jane Curran is a freelance food editor, stylist, writer and consultant based in Cape Town. Former food director of TI Media & woman&home. All about food, wine (dipWSET), gardening and the Arsenal.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Air signs—Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius zodiacs explained
Air signs of the zodiac are Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius—here's everything you need to know about what it means to be an air sign
By Rylee Johnston • Published
Anna Hathaway dressed like her character in The Devil Wears Prada and fans can't get enough
The Internet had a lot to say about Anne Hathaway's latest look after she shared it on Instagram...
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
Zara and Mike Tindall confuse Australian interviewer with tropical background
The royal couple showed off their funny side in their most recent interview
By Emma Dooney • Published