By Jane Curran published
If you like to cook everything in one pot, this is the dish for you. If you're worried about your cholesterol, with only 9g saturated fat, this is the dish for you. If you're craving European cuisine to contrast with the rain of England, this dish is for you. If you just fancy a hot, yummy meal, this is the dish for you. This all-in-one-tray dish combines the complementary flavours of chicken and chorizo with the added treat of olives as well. Set aside enough time to prepare, but you won't need to spend hours slaving awake in the kitchen - this meal takes just 45 minutes before it's oven-reday. The spices of the chorizo and paprika provide a bit of a kick for your dinner party, alternative Sunday lunch or even standard weekday dinner, and the whole dish would be set off wonderfully by a glass (or two) of red wine.
HOW TO A MAKE CHICKEN, CHORIZO AND OLIVE BAKE
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the chicken, skin side down; brown evenly for 10 minutes. Set aside. Add the chorizo and onion, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the paprika and cayenne, cook for a further minute and set aside.
- Boil a pan of lightly salted water and cook the potatoes for 4 minutes. Strain and allow to steam-dry for several minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. Add the potatoes to the casserole; fry in the chorizo oil for 5 minutes. Put the chorizo and onion mix back in the pan, pour in the sherry and reduce the liquid by half. Stir through the tomatoes and sugar, season and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chicken and olives, then put in the oven, uncovered, and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Top with the chopped parsley and serve.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 200g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- ½tsp cayenne pepper
- 350g baby new potatoes
- 100ml sherry
- 2 x cans cherry tomatoes
- ½ tbsp caster sugar
- 130g pitted black olives
- ½ bunch ﬂat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Jane Curran is a freelance food editor, stylist, writer and consultant based in Cape Town. Former food director of TI Media & woman&home. All about food, wine (dipWSET), gardening and the Arsenal.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
The Queen could never meet Lilibet as Prince Harry threatens to sue UK government over security conflicts
Prince Harry has refused to return to the UK until the government provide him with police protection
By Emma Dooney • Published
Carrie Bradshaw's blusher is surprisingly affordable and will boost January skin in an instant
Turns out not everything Carrie wears is ultra-expensive...
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
Genius TikTok hair hack for NEVER having a flat ponytail has gone viral
A TikTok hair hack for achieving the perfect ponytail every time is seriously impressing the internet
By Caitlin Elliott • Published