By Jane Curran
This isn't really a pizza, we admit. Not in the traditional sense, anyhow. It is, however, a great low-carb base for delicious roasted veg, and if the rest of your family hear you're making "pizza" you'll have a captive audience before you've even begun! This dish is a vegetable and cheesy sensation, combining cheddar and goats' cheese, aubergine and cauliflower which act as the healthy element to balance out the cheese (but who's complaining really?). To top the whole thing off perfectly, make sure your seasoning is well timed and well proportioned (don't forget the oregano).
With this pizza, you save on the calories and saturated fat you would otherwise suffer from a thick, doughy base, and get a couple of your 5 a day in as well; what's not to love?! This cauliflower pizza with goats' cheese and roasted veg is sure to be a favourite for years to come. Yum, yum, yum!
HOW TO MAKE A CAULIFLOWER "PIZZA" WITH GOATS' CHEESE AND ROASTED VEG
1. Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. Put the aubergine, onions and tomatoes in a large roasting tray with 2tbsp of the olive oil and a little seasoning. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
2. Put the cauliﬂower in a food processor and blitz until ﬁne. Tip into a bowl and add the oregano, salt, Cheddar and eggs.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil in an ovenproof, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spoon the mixture into the frying pan and ﬂatten down with the back of a spatula. Cook for 15 minutes in the oven.
4. Heat the grill. Top with the roasted vegetables and goats’ cheese as well as a good drizzle of olive oil. Grill on a low shelf for 5-8 minutes then serve.
- 1 medium aubergine, sliced into 1cm rounds
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium cauliflower, trimmed and cut into ﬂorets
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 1tbsp salt
- 25g grated Cheddar
- 2 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 150g soft goats’ cheese, sliced
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks •
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks •
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Ed Sheeran and Elton John tease Merry Christmas collab with Love Actually tribute
Ed Sheeran and Elton John's Christmas song is finally upon us
By Emma Dooney •
The board game banned by the Queen revealed as Royal Family’s competitive spirit saw them turn ‘vicious’
The Royal Family are reportedly 'not allowed' to play this popular board game at home.
By Emma Shacklock •
Matthew Macfadyen opens up about watching wife Keeley Hawes' sex scenes
Matthew Macfadyen has revealed that his wife Keeley Hawes' sex scenes with Richard Madden in Bodyguard, 'touched a nerve'
By Laura Harman •