- 400g minced turkey, breast and thigh
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2tsp crushed chillies
- 1 roasted red pepper, deseeded and very finely chopped
- 6tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 6tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1tsp Thai fish sauce
- 100g sweetcorn kernels
- 2tsp soy sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- zest of 1 lime
- To serve
- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- soy sauce
- 6 burger buns or rolls
- 6 slices beefsteak tomatoes
- mustard (French's Classic Yellow Spicy Mustard works really well)
- lettuce leaves
Simply mix all the main ingredients together – you may find it easier using your hands. Now divide the mixture into 6 and shape into burgers.
Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4. Put the mushrooms onto a baking tray, drizzle with a little soy sauce and cook for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, griddle the burgers on each side until browned, then put them onto an oiled baking tray and place in the oven for the last 15 minutes of the mushrooms’ cooking time.
To serve, split the buns and griddle the cut sides. Add a slice of tomato and a mushroom to each one, then top with a burger, mustard and lettuce.