By Jane Curran
This lovely dinner party recipe is spicy, but not too spicy that any of your guests will find it too much. Using chicken thighs, a relatively inexpensive meat, this chicken recipe is really tasty but doesn’t take too much time or effort to throw together – making it a perfect indulgent meal you can serve up without any stress.
Pomegranate seeds are added into the side salad to add a really nice sweetness and crunch to the recipe, while rose petals are used to flavour the meat after being blended into a powder and used with cumin, coriander and chilli flakes. For a dish that’s full of flavour that you’ll want to try again and again, give this flavoursome recipe a try.
HOW TO MAKE ROSE PETAL CHICKEN WITH POMEGRANATE
- 1kg free-range chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- 4tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra
- 3tbsp dried rose petals (see below), blended to a powder
- 1tbsp ground cumin
- 2tbsp ground coriander
- 1tbsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1tsp chilli flakes
For the salad:
- 250g bulgar wheat, cooked
- 4 preserved lemons, finely chopped
- 110g pomegranate seeds
- 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- juice of a lemon
- 3tbsp olive oil
- Put the chicken thighs in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, cover and leave to marinate overnight.
- Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. Put the chicken pieces and marinade in a shallow roasting tin, and drizzle over a little oil and some sea salt. Bake for 1 hour.
Mix together all the salad ingredients with plenty of seasoning and serve with the chicken.
Prince Andrew will not be attending Queen's birthday parade for Trooping the Colour in June
It's been confirmed that Prince Andrew will be absent from festivities - and here's who will be in his place during the parade
By Lauren Hughes •
This naked retreat has been named as one of 2021's best travel experiences
Nudist holidays are on the up! And this Italian retreat is predicted to be a big hit in 2021...
By Lauren Hughes •
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare look inside her home
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare view with fans
By Selina Maycock •