For a tasty Easter recipe that doesn’t require any baking, why not give this delicious cheesecake a go? White chocolate and lime make a really great pairing as the bitterness of the lime really offsets the sweetness of the white chocolate. While using ricotta in this cheesecake gives it a really creamy texture that’s much lighter for you than your usual cheesecake bases – so it’s a winner all round and will be the talk of your dinner party.
HOW TO MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE, LIME AND PASSION FRUIT CHEESECAKE
For the base:
- 120g ginger nuts, crushed
- 50g butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 5 gelatine leaves
- 500g crème fraîche
- 100g caster sugar
- zest of 1 lime and 2tsp fresh lime juice
- sieved juice of 2 passion fruit
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- 250g ricotta
- pulp of 2 passion fruit, chocolate curls and lime zest, to serve
You will need:
- An 18cm loose-based cake tin, oiled
- Mix the ginger nuts with the butter and press into the tin. Leave in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water. Gently heat the crème fraîche and sugar until the sugar dissolves but keep stirring. Add the gelatine, lime zest and juice zest, and passion fruit juice; stir until the gelatine dissolves. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whizz up the ricotta in a food processor then add the melted chocolate and crème fraîche mix. Pour over the base then set in the fridge overnight.
- To serve, put a hot cloth around the cheesecake tin to loosen it, pop onto a serving plate then return to the fridge for 20 minutes. When you’re ready, add the passion fruit, chocolate curls and lime zest.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Emma Thompson on filming her first nude scene—'It's very challenging to be nude at 62'
Emma Thompson has opened up about her new movie Good Luck to You, Leo Grande which features the 62-year-old actress' first nude scene
By Laura Harman • Published
Princess Eugenie's adorably awkward comment on wedding day revealed by lip-reader
Princess Eugenie's adorably awkward comment to husband Jack Brooksbank on wedding day revealed as a lip-reader decodes sweet moment between the couple
By Aoife Hanna • Published
Prince Harry's 'hot and cold' behavior on royal tours revealed
Prince Harry's behavior towards the press on overseas tours has been described as unpredictable
By Emma Dooney • Published