By Woman and Home published
This simple pasta dish is a great way to make the most of leeks when they’re in season in the autumn.
A new way to make pasta sauce, this super speedy yet deliciously tasty dish is ready in less than half an hour and uses plenty of vegetables and pulses to make sure you’re getting your five-a-day.
Using double cream gives you that lovely thick and creamy sauce that everyone loves and Parmesan just ramps up that flavour even more.
This one is so quick that it makes a really great weeknight meal if you’re looking for something that takes hardly any effort to whip up.
HOW TO MAKE TAGLIATELLE WITH CREAMY LEEKS AND CANNELLINI BEANS
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the leeks and some seasoning.
- Cook for 2 minutes without colouring, until the leeks have softened, then turn up the heat and add the stock and lemon juice. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Allow the stock to bubble vigorously for 5 minutes, then add the beans, sage and cream. Return to a gentle simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan, taste and season.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 tablespoon of water to stir into the sauce. Toss the sauce through the pasta and serve with extra Parmesan on top
- Get ahead: This sauce can be made up to 3 days before, then just reheated in the microwave to toss through the pasta.
- 35g (1¼oz) butter
- 2 leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 150ml (¼pt) vegetable stock
- juice 2 lemons
- 400g (14oz) tagliatelle
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans
- 2tsp finely chopped sage leaves
- 200ml (7fl oz) double cream
- 2tbsp grated
- Parmesan, plus extra to serve
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
The royal family's link to eclipses—astrological events connected to royal births, drama, and tragedies
The royal family's link to eclipses includes the births of Prince Charles, William, and Kate as well as the tragedies that befell Princess Diana
By Stephanie Campos-Powell • Published
Fans react to Lisa Bonet and Jason Momoa's marriage breakdown and they're actually cheering us up
After over a decade together, Jason Momoa and Lisa Bonet released a joint statement announcing their separation
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
This viral TikTok blow dry hack achieves the Dyson Airwrap look in five minutes
This TikTok blow dry trick is the dream shortcut to flicky hair
By Caitlin Elliott • Published