By Woman and Home published
For a really lovely dessert recipe that’s super easy to make and tastes delicious, why not give this honey and rhubarb nut crumble a try? It’s a slow cooker recipe that’s perfect for a warming dessert when you’re entertaining. This recipe serves six people, so it’s a great one to try if you’re feeding a crowd too.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER HONEY AND RHUBARB NUT CRUMBLE
In the slow cooker:
- Lightly oil the slow cooker. Combine the rhubarb, 4 tablespoons of the honey, vanilla, ginger and cinnamon in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients including the rest of the honey and scatter over the rhubarb mixture.
- Cook the crumble on high for 2 hours.
In the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas 4 and oil a 1.5 litre baking dish. Combine the rhubarb, 4 tablespoons of the honey, vanilla, ginger and cinnamon in the prepared dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes until the rhubarb is tender.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients including the rest of the honey and scatter over the rhubarb mixture. Return to the oven and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes until the crumble is golden.
Whole Food Slow Cooked by Olivia Andrews (Murdoch Books, £14.99). Photography by Steve Brown
- 125ml melted coconut oil
- 1kg rhubarb, trimmed, cut into 5cm pieces
- 175g honey
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g ground almonds
- 155g macadamia nuts (toasted if using slow cooker), coarsely chopped
- 155g blanched almonds
- 80g walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Princess Eugenie's podcast—new project revealed as Prince Andrew chaos continues
Princess Eugenie's podcast series is in collaboration with her charity, The Anti-Slavery Collective, and co-hosted by Julia de Boinville
By Aoife Hanna • Published
Kate Middleton and Prince William could move to Windsor to be closer to the Queen
Kate Middleton and Prince William could move to Windsor, with their three children, in order to be closer to Her Majesty the Queen
By Sarah Finley • Published
This video of Will Smith dancing with his 85-year-old mom to Whitney Houston is the best thing you’ll see all day
Will Smith shared a sweet video celebrating his mother’s birthday
By Anna Rahmanan • Published