By Woman and Home published
This gorgeous pasta salad recipe uses red pepper and courgettes along with cooked tiger prawns to create a tasty dish that’s really easy to put together.
Prawns are a great source of protein, while the vegetables in this dish help you towards your five a day. This pasta salad recipe makes enough for six people, but you can easily double it if you’re feeding a big crowd.
HOW TO MAKE ROAST VEGETABLE, PRAWN AND PASTA SALAD
- Preheat the grill. Brush half the oil over the courgette slices and arrange with the pepper, cut-side down, on the grill rack. Grill for 10 minutes, turning the courgettes halfway through, until they are golden, and the peppers are “charred”.
- Remove the vegetables from the grill and set aside the courgettes to cool. Put the peppers in a plastic bag, seal, and leave for 10 minutes until cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet until tender. Drain and refresh under cold, running water.
- Peel the skins off the peppers and cut into thick slices. Toss with the courgettes, pasta, prawns, olives and salad leaves.
- 5 In a bowl, whisk the remaining olive oil with the lemon juice and dill. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and drizzle over the salad. Chill until ready to serve.
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 red pepper, halved and deseeded
- 450g (1lb) penne pasta
- 350g (12oz) cooked tiger prawns
- 10 black olives
- 80g bag mixed salad leaves
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2tbsp chopped fresh dill
Top Tip for making Roast Vegetable, Prawn and Pasta Salad
Picnic tip: when chilled, transfer the pasta salad to a container with a lid.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Air signs—Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius zodiacs explained
Air signs of the zodiac are Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius—here's everything you need to know about what it means to be an air sign
By Rylee Johnston • Published
Anna Hathaway dressed like her character in The Devil Wears Prada and fans can't get enough
The Internet had a lot to say about Anne Hathaway's latest look after she shared it on Instagram...
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
Zara and Mike Tindall confuse Australian interviewer with tropical background
The royal couple showed off their funny side in their most recent interview
By Emma Dooney • Published