Roast pork is such a traditional British dish and makes the perfect Sunday roast recipe, or it’s a great dinner party recipe too. Served up with apricot and pistachio stuffing, this dish is one to remember.
HOW TO MAKE ROAST LOIN OF PORK WITH APRICOT AND PISTACHIO STUFFING
- Ideally, buy your pork the day before. Unwrap, dry it and place on a plate in the fridge. This will dry out the skin for perfect crackling. Preheat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Rub a little oil over the skin then add sea salt. Roast in a roasting tin for 25 minutes, then turn down the oven to 190 C, 170 C fan, 375 F, gas 5 and roast for 2 hours 15 minutes.
- To make the stuffing, mix the ingredients and season well. You can either bake it in a 500ml (18fl oz) greased ovenproof dish for 35 minutes with the pork towards the end of cooking, or make 12 individual balls. Drain off the fat around the pork and cook the stuffing balls around it for 20 to 25 minutes until browned, or place in a baking tin.
- Allow the pork to rest for 15 minutes before carving. You can cut through the rib bones or remove the bones then carve thinly. Serve with our cider gravy. It would be delicious accompanied with our gratin of sweet potato and celeriac, and some greens.
- 400g (14oz) coarse pork sausage meat
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 Cox apple, cored and grated
- 2tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 50g (2oz) shelled pistachio nuts, chopped
- 75g (3oz) dried apricots, chopped
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Venus in retrograde 2022—How will it affect your love life, depending on your star sign
Venus in retrograde 2022 presents rare conjunction and the push you need to transform your love and sex life—but time is running out
By Stephanie Campos-Powell • Published
Emma Thompson on filming her first nude scene—'It's very challenging to be nude at 62'
Emma Thompson has opened up about her new movie Good Luck to You, Leo Grande which features the 62-year-old actress' first nude scene
By Laura Harman • Published
Princess Eugenie's adorably awkward comment on wedding day revealed by lip-reader
Princess Eugenie's adorably awkward comment to husband Jack Brooksbank on wedding day revealed as a lip-reader decodes sweet moment between the couple
By Aoife Hanna • Published