By Rebecca Smith published
For a lamb recipe that’s full of luxury flavours but doesn’t take hours to cook, try this delicious lamb fillet dish this week. Using a mix of garlic, herbs and crème fraîche as a sauce to go with this meat and lentil dish, there is a whole host of really juicy flavours and textures that you’ll just love.
HOW TO MAKE LAMB FILLET WITH CRÈME FRAÎCHE AND HERB LENTILS
- Heat a saucepan and pour in oil. Add the onion and soften for a few minutes, then add the lentils and fry for 1 minute. Add the stock, bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 20 minutes, until lentils are tender. Cover the pan after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the garlic with lemon zest and juice, crème fraîche and parsley and season. Heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Heat a frying pan, oil and season the lamb, then fry on all sides until browned. Transfer to the oven to cook for 10 minutes or so, depending on how pink you like it to be.
- When the lamb is cooked, remove from the oven and rest for a few minutes, before tipping any juices into the lentils (they should be quite soupy). Divide the lentils between 4 bowls, swirl in the garlicky crème fraîche and scatter over some parsley. Slice the lamb and place on top.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g (7oz) Puy lentils
- 350ml (12fl oz) good-quality fresh chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 3tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 2tbsp chopped parsley, plus extra to scatter
- 500g (1lb 2oz) piece best-end lamb fillet, halved
Rebecca Smith was a Food Writer for Woman & Home and during her time with the magazine she was responsible for bringing an impressive array of mouth-watering recipes to womanandhome.com. These recipes ranged from slow-cooked Shoulder of Lamb and Hot Water Crust Ham Hock Pies, to sweet treats such as a delectable Chocolate Brownie Cake and intricate Pistachio and Rose Water cake.
Following her work with Woman & Home, Rebecca went on to become the Deputy Editor at Delicious Magazine.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Who are Queen Elizabeth's children, where do they live and where are they in the line of succession?
Queen Elizabeth's children each have prestigious titles and live in lavish royal residences
By Georgia Farquharson • Published
Moon calendar 2022—mark your diaries for new moons, full moons, and lunar eclipses
Moon calendar 2022—if you're obsessed with the lunar cycle and how it affects us, you need to get ready for these important dates
By Aoife Hanna • Published
Princess Diana's bridesmaid marries partner at age 54 in 'intimate' wedding
Princess Diana's bridesmaid, India Hicks, has married her partner of 26 years
By Emma Dooney • Published