By Woman and Home published
For a pasta salad recipe with a healthy twist, give this green pasta salad a go and reap the benefits.
Using orzo as a pasta base, there are plenty of green veggies in this courgette recipe to give it that satisfying green colour. And if you’re looking to up your nutrient intake then this one is great – with green beans that are full of protein and vitamins A, B, K and B6, while courgettes are a great source of vitamin K and vitamin C. Capers are flower buds that are low in calories and high in anti-oxidants and flavanoids.
Another green element to this colourful salad is avocados, which are full of healthy fats that help your hair and skin look great.
As you can make this salad up in advance, it’s a great one to try if you’re looking to make lunch up for the next day or want to prepare side dishes for dinner parties ahead of time.
HOW TO MAKE GREEN PASTA SALAD
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until tender. Drain, run it under cold water, toss away any excess water then add the oil and stir well. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the beans for 2 minutes. Run under cold water, then chop into small pieces.
- Using a ribbon peeler, cut the courgettes into ribbons.
- Combine all the ingredients together, season well with salt and pepper and serve.
- 250g orzo
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g green beans
- 3 medium courgettes, trimmed
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 150g pitted green olives, sliced
- 3tbsp small (non pareil) capers
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 5tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Air signs—Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius zodiacs explained
Air signs of the zodiac are Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius—here's everything you need to know about what it means to be an air sign
By Rylee Johnston • Published
Anna Hathaway dressed like her character in The Devil Wears Prada and fans can't get enough
The Internet had a lot to say about Anne Hathaway's latest look after she shared it on Instagram...
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
Zara and Mike Tindall confuse Australian interviewer with tropical background
The royal couple showed off their funny side in their most recent interview
By Emma Dooney • Published