For a great couscous recipe that takes no time to throw together but tastes really great, try this giant couscous, courgette and rocket with halloumi dish this week.
This courgette recipe is really healthy as it combines plenty of veg with healthy carbs and will keep you fuller for longer. Plus it’s served with a lovely dressing made from red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and a pinch of sugar – so you know it’s going to be full of flavour. Elements of this dish can be cooked ahead to so it’s a great one to try if you’re entertaining.
HOW TO MAKE GIANT COUSCOUS, COURGETTE AND ROCKET WITH HALLOUMI
- Heat a frying pan with a large splash of olive oil. Season the courgettes and fry on both sides until crispy. Set aside on kitchen paper.
- Put the couscous into a pan, cover with boiling water, return to the boil; simmer for 6 minutes. Drain; coat in a little oil. Return the frying pan to the heat; when hot, add a little oil; fry the halloumi on both sides until crisp.
- Make the dressing by thoroughly combining the vinegar and mustard with the sugar, then season and gradually add the olive oil.
- Combine the rocket, courgettes, couscous and some dressing. Divide between 4 plates and top with halloumi and a little more dressing.
- Get ahead Cook the couscous and courgettes up to a day in advance and leave in the fridge. Only cook halloumi at the last minute, though.
- 500g (1lb 2oz) courgettes, trimmed and sliced
- 200g (7oz) giant couscous
- 500g (1lb 2oz) halloumi, sliced
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp sugar
- 4tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 75g (3oz) wild rocket leaves
Rebecca Smith was a Food Writer for Woman & Home and during her time with the magazine she was responsible for bringing an impressive array of mouth-watering recipes to womanandhome.com. These recipes ranged from slow-cooked Shoulder of Lamb and Hot Water Crust Ham Hock Pies, to sweet treats such as a delectable Chocolate Brownie Cake and intricate Pistachio and Rose Water cake.
Following her work with Woman & Home, Rebecca went on to become the Deputy Editor at Delicious Magazine.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
The Gilded Age—everything we know about HBO’s new drama from Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes
HBO’s The Gilded Age boasts an A-list cast including Cynthia Nixon, Christine Baranski, and Meryl Streep’s daughter, Louisa Jacobson
By Jack Slater • Published
Peter Dinklage wins debate with Disney over Snow White reboot
Peter Dinklage called out Disney for their insensitive decision to reboot Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs as a live-action remake
By Laura Harman • Published
The Responder cast—the fantasy stars swapping magic for the gritty police drama and where you’ve seen them before
The Responder cast have had glittering careers and things have taken a dark turn in their new roles on the BBC show...
By Emma Shacklock • Published