If you’re throwing a dinner party and want an extra special touch, why not start your evening off with this really easy canapé recipe? Full of exquisite Mediterranean flavours, this dish is the perfect way to kick of any feast. With sun-blushed tomatoes, Manchego cheese, capers and anchovies, there’s a whole host of different flavours and textures to get everyone’s taste buds going. What’s more, this fabulous dish only takes 15 minutes to whip up.
HOW TO MAKE EASY CROSTINI CANAPES
- 1 baguette or ciabatta, thinly sliced
- a drizzle of oil
For the sun-blushed tomato and almond topping
- 200g sun-blushed tomatoes, finely chopped
- 100g toasted almonds
- 1 small handful flat-leaf parsley
- 50g grated Manchego cheese
- 3-4tbsp olive oil
- lemon juice
For the salsa verde and mint topping
- 1 large handful parsley and mint leaves
- 85g capers, drained and rinsed
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5-6tbsp olive oil
- To make the crostini, drizzle a little oil over a thinly sliced baguette or ciabatta then grill until golden and crisp.
- For the tomato topping, mix the tomatoes and almonds with a small handful of flat-leaf parsley. Stir through the Manchego cheese and 3-4tbsp olive oil with a squeeze of lemon juice. Season to taste. You can put all this in the food processor, but it looks prettier if you chop it by hand. Use a spoon to layer the topping on the crostini.
- For the salsa verde topping, whizz the parsley and mint leaves with the capers, anchovy fillets, red wine vinegar and olive oil, until you have a thick paste. Serve on the crostini.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
11 inspirational poetry quotes that will get you thinking
These inspirational poetry quotes from the likes of William Shakespeare, Emily Dickinson, and Maya Angelou pack a powerful punch
By Arielle Tchiprout • Published
The strange reason this expert wants you to continue wearing masks
Masks can help save you from infection and disease, but can wearing a face mask also help you get a date? This study suggests so...
By Laura Harman • Published
The Queen's death will induce 'ethical earthquake' as royals behave like 'free-riders', warns broadcaster
The Royal Family will face major challenges when the Queen dies, says Andrew Marr
By Emma Dooney • Published