By Rebecca Smith published
For a flavoursome meal option that’s low in fat and ready in just 40 minutes, try this recipe for coriander chicken with pilau rice recipe. It’s also a great dinner party recipe to try if you want a meal option that doesn’t take too much fuss to cook up, plus it serves 4 people, so the perfect amount for a dinner party or a mid week family meal.
HOW TO MAKE CORIANDER CHICKEN WITH PILAU RICE
- 2tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 2tbsp oil
- 4 free-range chicken supremes, slashed
For the pilau rice
- 1tbsp oil
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1tsp each turmeric and ground coriander
- ½tsp ground cumin
- 200g basmati rice
- 100g sultanas
- 50g flaked, toasted almonds
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Mix the crushed coriander with the oil and rub all over the chicken. Leave to marinate for at least half an hour or overnight. When you're ready to cook, heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, gas 6. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat a lidded sauté pan and pour in the oil. Add the red onion and cook for a few minutes until softened. Add the turmeric, ground coriander and cumin and cook for 2 minutes, until the raw spice smell disappears. Add the rice with 400ml water and the sultanas, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, until all the water has evaporated and the rice is tender.
- Stir through the toasted almonds and coriander. Serve with chicken supremes with minted yogurt on the side, if you like.
Rebecca Smith was a Food Writer for Woman & Home and during her time with the magazine she was responsible for bringing an impressive array of mouth-watering recipes to womanandhome.com. These recipes ranged from slow-cooked Shoulder of Lamb and Hot Water Crust Ham Hock Pies, to sweet treats such as a delectable Chocolate Brownie Cake and intricate Pistachio and Rose Water cake.
Following her work with Woman & Home, Rebecca went on to become the Deputy Editor at Delicious Magazine.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Victim blaming—how Ashling Murphy's murder highlights internalized misogyny in the UK
Ashling Murphy's recent murder has highlighted the UK and Ireland's continued issue with victim blaming
By Laura Harman • Published
These are the highest-earning breakup songs on Spotify
Because everyone loves a good breakup song...
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
Prince Harry 'desperate' to get back to UK as he still wants Lilibet to receive royal christening
Prince Harry 'will make an effort' to return to the UK this year to give Lilibet a royal christening
By Robyn Morris • Published