By Woman and Home published
For the panna cotta:
- 3 gelatine leaves
- 500ml single cream
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- 2tbsp cofee extract
- 100g pecans
- 4tbsp runny honey
- a good pinch of sea salt
For the syrup:
- 150ml strong espresso
- 125g caster sugar
You will need:
- 4 dariole moulds, lightly oiled
- Soften the gelatine leaves in cold water. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, gently heat the cream, sugar and coffee, squeeze the gelatine leaves then add to the pan and stir to dissolve. Pour the mixture through a sieve then divide between the dariole moulds. Let them cool then cover with clingfilm and put in the fridge to set. They need a minimum of 5 hours or overnight.
- To turn out the panna cotta, dip the base briefly in hot water, run around the edge with a flat-bladed knife and gently pull away from the edges. Tip onto plates to serve.
- For the honeyed pecans, heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Toss the pecans with the honey and sea salt. Spread out on a lined baking tray and bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes until lightly toasted. Serve warm or cold with the panna cotta.
- To make the syrup, heat the espresso and caster sugar gently in a small pan until the sugar has dissolved entirely, then boil until it has reduced to about half and you’re left with a thick syrup. Allow it to cool. Drizzle over the panna cotta.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
The royal family's link to eclipses—astrological events connected to royal births, drama, and tragedies
The royal family's link to eclipses includes the births of Prince Charles, William, and Kate as well as the tragedies that befell Princess Diana
By Stephanie Campos-Powell • Published
Fans react to Lisa Bonet and Jason Momoa's marriage breakdown and they're actually cheering us up
After over a decade together, Jason Momoa and Lisa Bonet released a joint statement announcing their separation
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
This viral TikTok blow dry hack achieves the Dyson Airwrap look in five minutes
This TikTok blow dry trick is the dream shortcut to flicky hair
By Caitlin Elliott • Published