By Woman and Home published
If you’re after a lamb recipe that tastes a little different from the norm, why not give this brilliant lamb cutlet and coconut rice pilaf recipe a go?
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT RICE PILAF WITH LAMB CUTLETS
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and cook for 3 or 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the spices and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Now add the rice to the pan, coat well in the mixture and cook for a few seconds or until slightly translucent.
- Add the stock and coconut milk to the pan, bring to the boil, cover and reduce to a gentle simmer. Leave to cook for a further 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Keeping the lid on, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to high, then cook the cutlets for a few minutes on each side. Cutlets are great cooked on the barbecue of course!
- To serve, stir the nuts, coconut and herbs into the rice, season to taste and add a squeeze of lime juice. Add extra limes to squeeze over the lamb and a green salad to serve.
- a little oil, for frying
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1tbsp coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- 1tsp cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 6 cardamom pods, bruised
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 300g (10oz) basmati rice, rinsed in cold water
- 300ml (½ pint) vegetable or chicken stock
- 130ml (4½ fl oz) coconut milk
- 18 small lamb cutlets
- 25g (1oz) toasted cashews, roughly chopped
- 25g (1oz) pistachios, roughly chopped
- 50g (2oz) fresh coconut pieces, finely sliced
- large handful each of mint and coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- good squeeze of lime juice, plus lime wedges, to serve
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Air signs—Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius zodiacs explained
Air signs of the zodiac are Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius—here's everything you need to know about what it means to be an air sign
By Rylee Johnston • Published
Anna Hathaway dressed like her character in The Devil Wears Prada and fans can't get enough
The Internet had a lot to say about Anne Hathaway's latest look after she shared it on Instagram...
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
Zara and Mike Tindall confuse Australian interviewer with tropical background
The royal couple showed off their funny side in their most recent interview
By Emma Dooney • Published