By Woman and Home published
This Chicken and Sweetcorn chowder is a delicious recipe full of flavour. Chicken, smoked bacon and potatoes make for a great, thick and creamy soup that really warms you up in a cold evening. Making a soup is really easy and barely takes any time at all, and it’s a very filling and healthy meal so it’s great to offer to your family. Serve the soup with freshly baked crusty bread.
The best thing about homemade chicken and corn soup is that you can decide yourself what goes into your chowder. If you want to add more vegetables, try carrot or red and yellow bell peppers.
To find more delicious ideas for chowders and other soups, have a look at our other soup recipes – we have lots to choose from!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN AND SWEETCORN CHOWDER
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick pan. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and set aside. Add the chicken to the pan and fry until golden. Add the potatoes, garlic and spring onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and thyme, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sweetcorn and cream, return bacon to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes. Mash potatoes a little, making sure it stays textured. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 150g (5oz) smoked bacon, diced
- 300g (10oz) chicken, sliced
- 350g (12oz) potatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3-4 spring onions
- 850ml (1 1/2pt) chicken stock
- 2tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- 142ml carton double cream
- chopped parsley, to garnish
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Air signs—Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius zodiacs explained
Air signs of the zodiac are Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius—here's everything you need to know about what it means to be an air sign
By Rylee Johnston • Published
Anna Hathaway dressed like her character in The Devil Wears Prada and fans can't get enough
The Internet had a lot to say about Anne Hathaway's latest look after she shared it on Instagram...
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
Zara and Mike Tindall confuse Australian interviewer with tropical background
The royal couple showed off their funny side in their most recent interview
By Emma Dooney • Published